Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story time

4 posters

:: General :: Common Room

Go down

Story time Empty Story time

Post by Dheev Tue 03 Feb 2009, 8:05 am

Mmk so it's 6am and I'm bored so I fig wtf why not type up a random story. I will go ahead and tell you I suck at punctuation and spelling so assuming spell check sticks with me only one of those should be a problem. So here we go.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's was a cold rainy night outside the "Crippled Kraken" inn/bar. There I sat in a corner holding an invitation to some special group meeting. It wasn't my invite but seeings to how it said it will be worth your while I figured I could give it a shot and hope the one who dropped the note didn't remember the location to meet at. So here I am at this lame inn watching a group of people gathering at a table with papers matching the one I held. So I then decided approached the table and stood in the only opening around the table that was left. There was a mid sized fat man sitting at one end of the table that looked up and began to point at us and count. "One, two, three, four..."

He counted out till the last one. I myself wasn't really paying attention because I noticed that for some reason a small group of people were staring at us whispering and they looked pissed. Why, I wasn't sure, but I then snapped back after I heard the fat man laugh. He then grew a big smile and said, "This is the whole lot of ya! First off I wanna thank you all for coming he said and if you manage to make it through this there may be more loot for ya to be had." I started to fade off from the fat mans talk until he said the one thing that gets me in the mood for just about anything. LOOT! He then had my attention what little I have. He then handed us these weird reddish badge things. Everyone put there badges away so I did the same.

About that time some crazy ass drunk that was staring at us earlier then came up to one of the people at our table who looked like a tiger cat animal thing and said, "We don't like people like you around our town!" As a group of 4 more drunks began to stand up and approach him as well. I myself then did the strategic thing to do and hid. I then moved away and watched as the drunk began to yell more and more as a bottle from one of his friend flew and hit the cat thing in the face. Then in almost a blink of and eye everyone that was at the table I moved from pulled out there weapons and turned to the drunks ready for a fight. Apparently accepting these badges meant we are a team of some sort now and help each other. So I then said what the hell and pulled out my daggers and whispered to myself. "Turk what the hell have you gotten yourself into."

Moving quietly to the closest drunk to the back as he was yelling I gripped my daggers ready to dig my blades deep into his back. But just as I was ready to attack I then saw this little sack on his hip. It made a sound some would say sounded like a jingle jingle but to me screamed. "For the love of god steal me!" So being the kind soul I am I then held out my hand and with a quick flick of my finger blade sliced his bag open. Saving the little shinnies that were being held against there will.

I smiled as I put them in my coin purse, but my happiness was quickly interrupted as a shiny bolt from the wizards hand from our table flew past my head reminding me that my new group of chums were in need of a champion! I then quickly gripped my blades once more leaping at the drunk digging my blades deep into his throat! As I slowly let his body fall one of the others of our group was finishing off the last of the crazed drunks. Needless to say after that people didn't stare as much, but the bartender wasn't too happy about what we did. As he began to yell about what had happen the mid sized fat man than walked up to him and dropped a large sized bag on the bar. The bartender took one quick look inside it and looked up at the fat man and nodded. The fat man then motioned for all of us to come back to the table. As we all walked back to the table I wiped off my blades on the drunks dead corpse and sheathed them.

When we were all back around the table he said, "Well it's good to see you can all work together. Teamwork will be greatly needed for the jobs you lot will be doing. In the morning when the sun rises you will all meet at the docks, you will be looking for a ship called the Crimson." Kind of a strange name if you ask me almost like the name of a pirate ship but eh what do I know I thought to myself. "It has large blood red sails you can't miss it. Present the badges I gave you when you arrive and you will be allowed to board. Until then I suggest you get some sleep you're gonna need it. I have already payed for each of ya to have your own room here. So here are your room keys and may you all have a good nights rest." We all then grabbed our keys and went our separate ways.

I made it to my room nothing special a window a bed and a table with a candle and a chair. Pretty average set up but who cares a free night in an inn is just what I needed. I then stripped down and laid in my bed and thought to myself. "Damn this is gonna be one crazy trip."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End chp 1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so yea ill go ahead and tell you this is the Story about my Very 1st DnD game I played in. It's told through the eyes of my char Turk Longwood the human rogue "The goblin king".

Quick run down about Turk picture the most deadly skillful rogue and then multiply that by 100. Then throw that out the window because Turk was ADD clumsy as shit lied all the time and always tried to steal things and even though he tried to kill almost anything and everything he never had an alignment slip for the reason that anytime he tried something that could change it he usually got royally fucked. But info about all that and more in future chapters. Very Happy

Again punctuation prolly sucks but idk it's kinda fun typing up this whole thing so if ya don't like it don't read it. Also If your were in that DnD game I may ask you some questions because the game did last like a fuckin year and half I think so my mind is a lil fuzzy on some things.

Last edited by J1NX on Tue 03 Feb 2009, 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited size and spacing of wall o' text....for the second time.)
Dheev
Dheev
Scrub
Scrub

Story time 6
Number of posts : 39
Experience : 11939
Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Story time Empty Re: Story time

Post by J1NX Tue 03 Feb 2009, 8:57 am

Bravo good sir, bravo!

Yes your punctuation was kinda like listening to a mute child try to read a phoenetic dictionary of diseases you can pick up in the south seas while whoring it up to get back at mom for sleeping with your best friend in middle school, but that aside it was very well put together.

Since I was in that game, but was not in the initial game it gives me a good idea of what was going on before I decided to seize control of the party, take the ship, attack the crew and head off on a wild adventure that sent us to the four corners of the world in search of a bloody plot.

Of all the characters in that game I got to be very close to, Turk was one of the greatest. He made even the strongest of us laugh out loud at least once a week, that is when he wasn't almost getting us killed or jailed. I'm glad you wrote this up because it gives us a little inside look on Turk's mindset in battle.

I ROFL'd hard when I read:

Dheev wrote:Saving the little shinnies that were being
held against there will.

Keep it up man, good job.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Story time 6
Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 15031
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
Story time Left_bar_bleue10/10Story time Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by scaramunga Tue 03 Feb 2009, 2:22 pm

Dheev's Wall O' Text crits you for 10,489.

----------
Very cool, I skimmed over it and plan to read though it when I have a bit more time later.
scaramunga
scaramunga
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Story time 6
Number of posts : 286
Experience : 12007
Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 0pp0siti0n Tue 03 Feb 2009, 2:47 pm

As Turk rolled around on the ground, wrestling with the fake but also Turk, Captain Ren began to reload his pistol. Walking up, he yells "All hail the goblin thief!"
"Huzzah!"
BAM!
Funny as hell.
0pp0siti0n
0pp0siti0n
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Story time 6
Number of posts : 645
Experience : 12178
Rep : 1

Character sheet
Name: Eden
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Story time Left_bar_bleue5/99Story time Empty_bar_bleue  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Tue 03 Feb 2009, 3:00 pm

0pp0siti0n wrote:As Turk rolled around on the ground, wrestling with the fake but also Turk, Captain Ren began to reload his pistol. Walking up, he yells "All hail the goblin thief!"
"Huzzah!"
BAM!
Funny as hell.

ROFL, I forgot about that until you said it! That was a fun night. Always had to think outside the box with that group.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Story time 6
Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 15031
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
Story time Left_bar_bleue10/10Story time Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down