Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff.

3 posters

Go down

Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff.

Post by HematiteBones Wed 28 Jan 2009, 10:28 am

So.... I am toying around with the idea of running a very short nautical-based campaign in the group I play in currently. I have access to most all 3.5 texts, but none of them having exactly what I am looking for.
Are there any existing books/campaign templates for games of this nature in the D&D world? Will I have to make this stuff up?
I figured J1NX especially might know, as you share my affinity for piratey things.
HematiteBones
HematiteBones
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. 6
Number of posts : 219
Experience : 11788
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Moyra Nelson
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Left_bar_bleue4/99Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/99)

Back to top Go down

Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty Re: Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff.

Post by J1NX Wed 28 Jan 2009, 10:41 am

Check Stormwrack first and foremost. It has the most to offer a sea campaign in the official D&D world.

If you need further help come borrow my pirates book. It is an offset publisher that makes D&D supplements and is all based in a piratical world.

Either way you don't have to try so hard to grab my attention. Yes of course I'll be your captain ~.^
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 15031
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Left_bar_bleue10/10Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty Re: Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff.

Post by HematiteBones Thu 29 Jan 2009, 9:20 am

J1NX wrote:Check Stormwrack first and foremost. It has the most to offer a sea campaign in the official D&D world.

If you need further help come borrow my pirates book. It is an offset publisher that makes D&D supplements and is all based in a piratical world.

Either way you don't have to try so hard to grab my attention. Yes of course I'll be your captain ~.^

Do you have physical books? Because I don't have a computer at home right now, which makes planning a game a pain in the butt. I'm doing all this in between classes at UT, not ideal.

And thank you for my sexy new avatar. She is adorable.
HematiteBones
HematiteBones
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Character sheet
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Left_bar_bleue4/99Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Thu 29 Jan 2009, 9:23 am

HematiteBones wrote:
J1NX wrote:Check Stormwrack first and foremost. It has the most to offer a sea campaign in the official D&D world.

Do you have physical books? Because I don't have a computer at home right now, which makes planning a game a pain in the butt. I'm doing all this in between classes at UT, not ideal.

And thank you for my sexy new avatar. She is adorable.

I have the pirate book, but unfortunately not Stormwrack. I chose to grab the Sandstorm book (deserts and genies and such) instead. You could probably buy it if you needed it from Amazon.com if you needed to though.

Its cheap if you go used.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Power Level:
Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Left_bar_bleue10/10Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by HematiteBones Mon 09 Feb 2009, 7:35 am

Which pirate book do you have? I have heard good things about "Skull and Bones"....
HematiteBones
HematiteBones
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Character sheet
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Mon 09 Feb 2009, 7:39 am

Mine is literally called "Pirates"
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by HematiteBones Mon 09 Feb 2009, 8:30 am

J1NX wrote:Mine is literally called "Pirates"

I think I found it, with the sexy bare-thighed chick on the front? It looks like something I've maybe seen at your casa.... I bought it.

Gah! I own like, four D&D books now. o_0
HematiteBones
HematiteBones
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Character sheet
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Mon 09 Feb 2009, 9:49 am

HematiteBones wrote:
J1NX wrote:Mine is literally called "Pirates"

I think I found it, with the sexy bare-thighed chick on the front? It looks like something I've maybe seen at your casa.... I bought it.

Gah! I own like, four D&D books now. o_0

That would be the one. I love that book, its very old school on its rules and such it needs to be looked at carefully before considering stuff from it, but it is awesome for those looking for more stuff for a nautical campaign even if it isn't based on pirates.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by 0pp0siti0n Mon 09 Feb 2009, 10:48 am

Also, in an emergency, a dwarf can be used as an anchor. Just cast water breathing and put them in field plate. Also, thats how they mine for fish.
0pp0siti0n
0pp0siti0n
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Number of posts : 645
Experience : 12178
Rep : 1

Character sheet
Name: Eden
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Left_bar_bleue5/99Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Mon 09 Feb 2009, 11:00 am

0pp0siti0n wrote:Also, in an emergency, a dwarf can be used as an anchor. Just cast water breathing and put them in field plate. Also, thats how they mine for fish.

Armor isn't a must have though. As I remember from a campaign not long ago, there was a foolish dwarf who thought he could bullrush across a river and ended up face planting on the ass end of our boat.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by 0pp0siti0n Mon 09 Feb 2009, 1:38 pm

J1NX wrote:
0pp0siti0n wrote:Also, in an emergency, a dwarf can be used as an anchor. Just cast water breathing and put them in field plate. Also, thats how they mine for fish.

Armor isn't a must have though. As I remember from a campaign not long ago, there was a foolish dwarf who thought he could bullrush across a river and ended up face planting on the ass end of our boat.
Bah, Tondar wasn't that dumb. He threw his wooden shield skipping across the water, and jumped on it, attempting to ride it across. He over leaped it some though, and was up to his nose in the water during much of the fight.
0pp0siti0n
0pp0siti0n
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Number of posts : 645
Experience : 12178
Rep : 1

Character sheet
Name: Eden
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Left_bar_bleue5/99Nautical campaign DMing question... stuff. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down