Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Max Payne videogame producer shoots down Fox's Max Payne film...

:: General :: Common Room

Go down

Max Payne videogame producer shoots down Fox's Max Payne film... Empty Max Payne videogame producer shoots down Fox's Max Payne film...

Post by cArdInAl Tue 04 Nov 2008, 12:11 am

The head of the company that produces the Max Payne video games has joined the criticism of the movie based on the game. 3D Realms CEO Scott Miller told the video-game magazine Edge , "There are several fundamental story flaws ... in the film that have me shaking my head in bewilderment." Among them, he said, is the fact that Payne is seen in a flashback scene half way through the movie learning that his family has been murdered. Said Miller, "In the game, we put this scene right at the front of the story for a reason! Saving this scene until mid-film is a narrative blunder, because the audience needs to empathize with Max in order to like him and understand what drives him" (Part of an article pulled off of a blog I found on Payne & Redemption

Get this guys...an independent film company has been working on a Max Payne movie for quite some time called Payne & Redemption. Here's the poster for it...looks freakin amazing.

Max Payne videogame producer shoots down Fox's Max Payne film... Max_payne-payne_and_redemption-onesheet

One problem though...Fox Studios came out with their interpretation of the Max Payne franchise and have made threats to this independent company(regardless of the fact of who started their project 1st). Anyways, the makers of this version are having to revamp their whole film...not even sure it'll ever see the light of day and when it does..who knows if it'll be as good as it was looking. I hope it does. These guys definitely had the game down and are earnestly wanting to capture the essence of the story as opposed to bits and pieces. I'm a major fan of Max Payne and would love to see this movie come out. Anyways check out they site when you have time...
    Here's a preview video...looks fair...the best part is the series of pictures they leave you with at the end.