Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy

2 posters

:: General :: Common Room

Go down

Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Empty Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy

Post by cArdInAl Fri 31 Oct 2008, 5:44 pm

Comics writer and recent movie-maker (Wanted and Kick-Ass) Mark Millar fills us in on what he wants to do for the Superman movie franchise--An epic 3-film, 8-hour story which follows the entire life of Kal-El from his birth on Krypton a thousand years ago, till he is the last being left on Earth.
Here's a bit from Empire Magazine...

“It’s gonna be like Michael Corleone in the Godfather films, the entire story from beginning to end, you see where he starts, how he becomes who he becomes, and where that takes him. The Dark Knight showed you can take a comic book property and make a serious film, and I think the studios are ready to listen to bigger ideas now.”

“The problem with Superman Returns was like releasing Star Wars in ’77, The Empire Strikes Back in ’80 and then waiting 28 years to release Return of the Jedi, it wasn’t relevant. I understand what Bryan Singer was trying to do, to pay homage to Richard Donner’s original vision, but I think you should pay homage by doing something completely different.”

“I want to start on Krypton, a thousand years ago, and end with Superman alone on Planet Earth, the last being left on the planet, as the yellow sun turns red and starts to supernova, and he loses his powers."

I'll reserve my judgment on this until I see something a little more concrete...
cArdInAl
cArdInAl

Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy 6
Number of posts : 132
Experience : 11933
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Elegy
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Left_bar_bleue15/99Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Empty_bar_bleue  (15/99)

Back to top Go down

Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Empty Re: Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy

Post by Alcatraz Sat 01 Nov 2008, 12:05 pm

cArdInAl wrote:

I'll reserve my judgment on this until I see something a little more concrete...

The Judgement of cArdInAl is upon us... will you be prepared?
Alcatraz
Alcatraz
Digital God
Digital God

Number of posts : 1477
Experience : 13024
Rep : 8

Character sheet
Name: Mordrid Grey
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Left_bar_bleue27/99Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Empty_bar_bleue  (27/99)

Back to top Go down

Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Empty Re: Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy

Post by cArdInAl Sat 01 Nov 2008, 5:55 pm

lol you better be...I judge comic related material very harshly!
cArdInAl
cArdInAl

Number of posts : 132
Experience : 11933
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Elegy
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Left_bar_bleue15/99Mark Millar Pitches his "Godfather-Like" Superman Movie Trilogy Empty_bar_bleue  (15/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down