Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starwars WTF

:: General :: Common Room

Go down

Starwars WTF Empty Starwars WTF

Post by Trick Sat 16 Feb 2008, 9:54 am

All Reuters Movie News
George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters
Tuesday February 12 3:56 PM ET

He said "Revenge of the Sith" would be his final "Star Wars" film, but creator George Lucas is taking another shot at silver screens with the animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" in movie theaters in August.

Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Warner Bros. film studio said on Tuesday they would release the movie on August 15, ahead of the fall debut of an animated TV series of the same name on cable television's Cartoon Network and TNT.

"I felt there were a lot more 'Star Wars' stories left to tell," Lucas said in a statement. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

The six-film "Star Wars" series is one of Hollywood's most lucrative franchises. It started with the initial "Star Wars" in 1977 and ended with 2005's "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith."

At the time of "Sith," Lucas said he would not make another "Star Wars" movie, but has said he was in development on the animated TV show. In fact, Lucas told Reuters he thought he might go back to making artistic films, although he never said exactly what he had on his mind.

The "Star Wars" movies tell about battles for intergalactic superiority in space, and "Clone Wars" promises more of the same stories -- only in animation. Key characters such as Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala will be joined by new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.

Lucasfilm said each episode on TV would be like a 30-minute "mini-movie" with Jedi Knights battling villains such as Count Dooku and General Grievous.

Also on Tuesday, Lucas' company began showing "web-only documentaries" telling of the development of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" on the Web site starwars.com.

(Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Eric Beech)
Trick
Trick

Starwars WTF 6
Number of posts : 125
Experience : 12174
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Trick
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
Starwars WTF Left_bar_bleue5/99Starwars WTF Empty_bar_bleue  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Starwars WTF Empty Re: Starwars WTF

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2008, 10:48 pm

It's all about the money yo. In reality, Lucas would be an idiot if he didn't keep making star wars movies and cartoons, because of all the stuff that you can sell to the kids in relation to all that. He says that he didn't want to keep making these things, but the bottom line is, is that he wants more money. I mean, who wouldn't? What a Face
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2008, 12:01 am

yay! more Star Wars stuff I can throw my money at. I hope they have the dreaded Sith Darth Gaver since i would love to see myself in a movie.
Starwars WTF EDITTHIS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2008, 10:09 am

I think they should make an appearance for "Darth Tater"...

Starwars WTF Darth-tater-1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Common Room

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum