Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer 40K Online

3 posters

Go down

Warhammer 40K Online Empty Warhammer 40K Online

Post by J1NX Wed 01 Oct 2008, 10:12 am

Already, without playing Warhammer Online I have found something to take from it. In an interview between Gamespot and Games Workshop representatives Kelly Flock & Andy Jones dated Feb 28 2007, Gamespot said, "Today, the two publishers are announcing an extension to their licensing agreement to work together on new projects, including a Warhammer 40,000 massively multiplayer online game.....another Games Workshop IP that's already being used to create a massively multiplayer online game, namely Warhammer Fantasy Role Play for EA Mythic's Warhammer Online. Is there any concern at Games Workshop about creating a massively multiplayer online game that can gather a strong following without cutting into Warhammer Online's audience?"

KF: I can't speak for Games Workshop, but based on the data we have seen at THQ, each franchise has its own, distinct following. Of course, 40,000 is the stronger of the two properties--I mean what could be better than a Grim Reaper beheading an Orkish Squiggoth?

AJ: Interesting question. Firstly, EA Mythic is developing an MMO based on the distinct Warhammer Fantasy IP rather than any specific game, such as WFRP. Secondly, Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 have coexisted as very separate and successful properties for decades. And our plans certainly see that well-established trend continuing forever. At the very basic level, Warhammer is our high-fantasy IP, while Warhammer 40,000 is science fiction--and our customers certainly cope very well with that concept. I have been at Games Workshop for 20 years, and I have never seen arguments about whether Space Marines or Eldar can take to the field of battle against Orc Boar Boys or Dwarf Trollslayers. It really is that simple.

This is very real and very true. Currently the good folks at Games Workshop and THQ are working feverishly to produce Warhammer 40K Online. Be ready for your death march world of fantasy. Say hello to the Chaos Marines.

Tentativly: ******
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Warhammer 40K Online 6
Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 15033
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
Warhammer 40K Online Left_bar_bleue10/10Warhammer 40K Online Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40K Online Empty Re: Warhammer 40K Online

Post by Aceofspades Wed 01 Oct 2008, 12:09 pm

OMFG! when is that going to come out do you have any idea?
Aceofspades
Aceofspades
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warhammer 40K Online 6
Number of posts : 528
Experience : 12304
Rep : 1

Character sheet
Name: D.R. Philis
Primary Weapon: Humanity
Power Level:
Warhammer 40K Online Left_bar_bleue4/10Warhammer 40K Online Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)

https://www.facebook.com/sexytoastking

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Kitsune Wed 01 Oct 2008, 5:42 pm

zomg fux yeah
Darth_Kitsune
Darth_Kitsune
Digital God
Digital God

Warhammer 40K Online 6
Number of posts : 1045
Experience : 13324
Rep : 4

Character sheet
Name: Emerius Krayvan
Primary Weapon: Dual Pistols - Fortitudo and Iustitia
Power Level:
Warhammer 40K Online Left_bar_bleue10/10Warhammer 40K Online Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Wed 01 Oct 2008, 6:32 pm

As of right now there is no date, but I will update as it comes along.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Warhammer 40K Online 6

Character sheet
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Mon 10 Nov 2008, 8:50 am

I have yet to hear of any stirring on this aside from a solid confirmation that it is coming. Regardless of how little news that is, it is good to hear.
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Warhammer 40K Online 6

Character sheet
Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down