Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Go down

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Empty Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Post by Guest Wed 07 May 2008, 11:14 pm

When this game was to be released I waited from 4pm when I got off work until 12am when the game was released and I must say it was well worth the wait. This is the first Smash Bros. which put a storyline to it more so than Master Hand is here to fight you errrr. This one takes EVERY character and drops them into a storyline in which you team up and ultimately take out an evil more powerful than master hand (I will not spoil it for you). You also still work for trophies (a fun coin shoot mini game replaces the slot machine) as well as the new stickers feature. With these stickers you can enhance your characters by putting different stickers on the bottom of the characters base they stand on when not fighting. This really helps to even the fighting field and in some cases make things a bit too easy, but all in all even with the added advantage of the stickers the game still holds a great challenge. (The stickers can only be used in the Story mode best I can tell)
    Then there is of course the Brawl feature which is as it was with all the other Smash Bros. you go in and kick the crap out of each other. The levels are more interactive this time around and the items are just as useful as ever. The levels are also a lot more beautiful. And as an added bonus you get to play on a lot of the classic maps from Super Smash Bros. Melee, a very nice treat for the eyes when you see the enhanced detail of old favorites. A neat add to it is the ability to design your own map this is nice but I found that I ran out of available items before I ran out of space. Apart from that flaw the build a map is a really fun thing you can build just about any style of map you wish if its a flat fight you want here you go if you like to jump around a lot we got you covered. Once you create your master piece of a map you can take it online where you can battle players around the world. I haven't messed with this feature much but you can bet on matches or fight in them which ever suits your fancy.
    The only down side I found was in the graphics options, you have one that gives you a blurry game but crisper characters and the other option is a clearer game play but dark outlined characters hmmmmm. I tested each one and in the end I chose the thick outlined characters (both of them emphasized the flaw they warned about) it may make your characters look a bit more fake but the detail around them makes up for it.
    When you take everything in consideration as in the Smash Bros. of the past this one fits right into the line of them. Each one gets progressively better than the last and this is no exception.

I give it a Sad Suspect Cool Shocked out of Sad Suspect Cool Shocked afro
    (4 out of 5)
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Post by Alcatraz Thu 31 Jul 2008, 6:19 pm

I liked it, id prolly have given it a 4 outta 5 as well, well maybe a 3.5. I personally still enjoyed the gamecube one better lol.
    Alcatraz
    Alcatraz
    Digital God
    Digital God

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 6
    Number of posts : 1477
    Experience : 13010
    Rep : 8

Character sheet
    Name: Mordrid Grey
    Primary Weapon:
    Power Level:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Left_bar_bleue27/99Super Smash Bros. Brawl Empty_bar_bleue  (27/99)

Back to top Go down