Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Celeb Gamers

5 posters

Go down

Celeb Gamers Empty Celeb Gamers

Post by J1NX Fri 14 Nov 2008, 4:41 pm

I found this while trolling Wikipedia

As the popularity of D&D grew throughout the late 1970s and 1980s, the game was referenced more and more in popular culture. Numerous games, films and cultural references based on D&D or D&D-like fantasies, characters or adventures have been ubiquitous since the end of the 1970s. Typically, though by no means exclusively, D&D players are portrayed derogatively as the epitome of geekdom. References to the game are used as shorthand to establish characterization or provide the punch line of a joke. Many players, irritated with this stereotype, embrace the fact that professional basketball player Tim Duncan, comedian Stephen Colbert, musician Moby, and actors Vin Diesel, Matthew Lillard, Micheal Myers, Patton Oswalt, Wil Wheaton and Robin Williams have made their D&D hobbies public.

That is a really good list. I knew most of those, especially Wil Wheaton, for years, but Tim Duncan?

I looked up his Wiki and BAM!!:

Duncan also loves renaissance fairs and the fantasy role playing game Dungeons & Dragons. An avid video game player, he acknowledges a certain joy of playing "himself" on basketball video games.

That is AWESOME!! Looking at his pic I could totally see him sitting across the table from me asking for another Mountain Dew while I describe the layout of a slave pen. I swear....if I ever get the money or the situation I want to sit down and game with some of these guys, especially Vin Diesel, Matthew Lillard and Seth Green (who they left off that list). I think those guys would be fun to see in a D&D campaign together.

I'm betting Seth would be a Ranger, Vin would be a Paladin and Matt would be a Sorceror.

......brainstorm..... J1NX, DM to the Stars!!
    J1NX
    J1NX
    Administrator
    Administrator

Celeb Gamers 6
    Number of posts : 2407
    Experience : 15059
    Rep : 10

Character sheet
    Name: J1NX
    Primary Weapon: Technomancy
    Power Level:
    Celeb Gamers Left_bar_bleue10/10Celeb Gamers Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Celeb Gamers Empty Re: Celeb Gamers

Post by Alcatraz Fri 14 Nov 2008, 4:51 pm

Great, now he has ANOTHER title.... Gah... let's chalk that one up on the list next to the fridge...
    Alcatraz
    Alcatraz
    Digital God
    Digital God

Celeb Gamers 6
    Number of posts : 1477
    Experience : 13028
    Rep : 8

Character sheet
    Name: Mordrid Grey
    Primary Weapon:
    Power Level:
    Celeb Gamers Left_bar_bleue27/99Celeb Gamers Empty_bar_bleue  (27/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by 0pp0siti0n Fri 14 Nov 2008, 5:00 pm

That, sir, would be a truly spectacular sight to see.
    0pp0siti0n
    0pp0siti0n
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Celeb Gamers 6
    Number of posts : 645
    Experience : 12206
    Rep : 1

Character sheet
    Name: Eden
    Primary Weapon:
    Power Level:
    Celeb Gamers Left_bar_bleue5/99Celeb Gamers Empty_bar_bleue  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2008, 10:08 pm

wow, tis cool. Now when my tobacco team or amanda tease me about "my crazy lil game" or general dork reference, Very Happy. that is so cool. I would pay money to game with those dudes (Robin Williams hell yea). That would be freaking awesome. *smiles with potential satisfaction and stares into distance dreamily*
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Wed 19 Nov 2008, 9:17 am

drunkazju wrote:*smiles with potential satisfaction and stares into distance dreamily*

Some how I hear a trademark "Wow....."
    J1NX
    J1NX
    Administrator
    Administrator

Celeb Gamers 6

Character sheet
    Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2008, 12:10 pm

yeah its sad when co-workers who dont really know you start repeating your key phrases and stuff.

o btw yes WOOOOOOW.
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by scaramunga Wed 19 Nov 2008, 12:31 pm

drunkazju wrote:I would pay money to game with those dudes (Robin Williams hell yea).

I bet Robin Williams can play one hell of an evil charater. His comedy/humor is awesome, but when he plays a serious/dramatic/evil role its pretty BA. The movie Insomnia comes to mind, or One Hour Photo.
    scaramunga
    scaramunga
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Celeb Gamers 6
    Number of posts : 286
    Experience : 12035
    Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Wed 19 Nov 2008, 1:18 pm

scaramunga wrote:
    ...one hell of an evil charater. The movie Insomnia[/u/] comes to mind, or [u]One Hour Photo.

Ok...I don't know if I ever told anybody this but here ya go.

When I was working back at the Photo Lab in Sam's I used to get a lot of people that would tell me I looked/acted like Robin in One Hour Photo. I kept hoping that they were idiots that had never seen the movie and were saying it based on the fact they saw the trailer/box art. I especially got it any time I decided to bleach my hair.

Just for the record, no matter how demented I am, I do not want ANYONE thinking I am THAT guy!

I did collect some fun pics over my time there...mostly ones of people being stupid/drunk/nude or a combo of any of the three, but its not like I decorated my wall with them or fantisized that they were my damn family!

Do I seem that kinda messed up?!
    J1NX
    J1NX
    Administrator
    Administrator

Celeb Gamers 6

Character sheet
    Power Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by scaramunga Wed 19 Nov 2008, 2:02 pm

J1NX wrote:Do I seem that kinda messed up?!
    Well I haven't seen you offer any children EVA action figures, so I think your good.

No sensible parent gives a 9 year old any reason to watch EVA, well, unless I guess if the child had a terminal illness or walked in on the parent in a BDSM session in the dinning room.
    scaramunga
    scaramunga
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Celeb Gamers 6
    Number of posts : 286
    Experience : 12035

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat 22 Nov 2008, 11:36 am

scaramunga wrote:
    Well I haven't seen you offer any children EVA action figures, so I think your good.

No sensible parent gives a 9 year old any reason to watch EVA, well, unless I guess if the child had a terminal illness or walked in on the parent in a BDSM session in the dinning room.

that is fucked up man but funny as hell
    Trick
    Trick

Celeb Gamers 6
    Number of posts : 125
    Experience : 12202

Character sheet
    Name: Trick
    Primary Weapon:
    Power Level:
    Celeb Gamers Left_bar_bleue5/99Celeb Gamers Empty_bar_bleue  (5/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Tue 02 Dec 2008, 11:25 am

Trick wrote:
    scaramunga wrote:

that is fucked up man but funny as hell

What's worse....