Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DVR question for J!NX or whoever

2 posters

Go down

DVR question for J!NX or whoever Empty DVR question for J!NX or whoever

Post by HematiteBones Thu 23 Oct 2008, 1:22 pm

So... I would like to know how to transmit recorded programs from my DVR (motorala, via suddenlink) to my PC (which is an Inspiron E1505, Window's XP media edition? I have it partitioned to run Ubuntu also, but I haven't taken the time to download the broadcom drivers to connect to the internet yet.)

I've read some vague mutterings on other forums about ethernet and firewire and an ATI all-in_wonder card?

Ideally, I would like to be able to do this without purchasing new hardware. I have been thinking about going the VHS route, but that is a last last last resort.

This is the best guide I've found so far, but I'm not sure if it will allow me to download pre-recorded programs (as opposed to live ones.)

Sigh.
HematiteBones
HematiteBones
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

DVR question for J!NX or whoever 6
Number of posts : 219
Experience : 11728
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Moyra Nelson
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
DVR question for J!NX or whoever Left_bar_bleue4/99DVR question for J!NX or whoever Empty_bar_bleue  (4/99)

Back to top Go down

DVR question for J!NX or whoever Empty Re: DVR question for J!NX or whoever

Post by J1NX Thu 23 Oct 2008, 3:16 pm

This is a situation that would take me some time to figure out. If you and I could sit and talk about this a little some time in the near future we can see what it will take.

Savvy?
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 14971
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
DVR question for J!NX or whoever Left_bar_bleue10/10DVR question for J!NX or whoever Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by HematiteBones Thu 23 Oct 2008, 4:39 pm

J1NX wrote:This is a situation that would take me some time to figure out. If you and I could sit and talk about this a little some time in the near future we can see what it will take.

Savvy?

Indeeds. Let me know when's a good time. I work another horrible closing shift tonight.
HematiteBones
HematiteBones
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 219
Experience : 11728
Rep : 0

Character sheet
Name: Moyra Nelson
Primary Weapon:
Power Level:
DVR question for J!NX or whoever Left_bar_bleue4/99DVR question for J!NX or whoever Empty_bar_bleue  (4/99)

Back to top Go down

Post by J1NX Thu 23 Oct 2008, 5:02 pm

HematiteBones wrote:
J1NX wrote:This is a situation that would take me some time to figure out. If you and I could sit and talk about this a little some time in the near future we can see what it will take.

Savvy?

Indeeds. Let me know when's a good time. I work another horrible closing shift tonight.

Well, I have class Tuesday and Thursday every week until 8:15p.

I run game on Wednesday from about 10-12p and Sunday from 7-10:30p.

This weekend I am going to be busy with driving back and forth to Houston and Ft.Worth.

I could probably squeeze you in between the 31st and the 1st if that will work. If not then I won't be able to until the following week.

Either way you can alwayss reach me (phone, email, myspace, here). We'll talk eventually I believe.

-J
J1NX
J1NX
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2407
Experience : 14971
Rep : 10

Character sheet
Name: J1NX
Primary Weapon: Technomancy
Power Level:
DVR question for J!NX or whoever Left_bar_bleue10/10DVR question for J!NX or whoever Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down